Meet Dr. Michael R. Dorociak
Your cosmetic and family dentist, serving patients in Sarasota and all over Florida!
When Dr. Dorociak first began his practice, he believed very strongly that by providing his patients with honest, excellent dental care, he would become the dentist of choice for Sarasota families. Today, Dr. Dorociak is proud to have been recognized as the "Best of the Best" by Sarasota Magazine and continues to uphold his foundation of good, honest dental treatment in an ultra-modern, caring, high quality, and pain-free environment.
Dr. Dorociak fills his practice with fun and enjoyment, even insisting that a game room be established in the office. At the same time, he is trained in the most complex of procedures and delivers the highest level of care. He enjoys getting to know and treating the entire family for a lifetime. It's no wonder Dr. Dorociak has been given so much recognition throughout the years for his work as a family dentist.
- Graduated from the University of Notre Dame - 1982
- Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Illinois College of Dentistry -1984
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from the University of Illinois College of Dentistry -1986
- Completed a general practice residency at Miami Children's Hospital - 1987
- Completed a comprehensive dentistry program at the University of Florida 1996
If there were three words you could use to describe Dr. Dorociak's character, they would be commitment, passion, and integrity. He is committed to being the best and serving his patients with the highest quality, latest techniques, and gentle care in a comfortable, pain-free environment. He is passionate about his work and his profession. He also practices with the highest integrity, always striving to do what is best for the patient.
- Associate Clinical Professor at the University of Florida.
- Associate Editor and Project Director of a national dental publication.
- Continually tests and evaluates new dental products and procedures.
- Serves as a mentor and clinical instructor for a leading educational group.
- Lectures at local and national conferences.
Awards and Continuing Education
Dr. Dorociak recognizes that dentistry is always changing and advancing, and he does everything he can to provide his patients with the best and most advanced care. Dr. Dorociak is a very strong participant in continuing education.
- Received the prestigious Mastership Award from the Academy of General Dentistry in 1996, and the same distinction from the Florida Academy of General Dentistry in 1998.
- He is a member of the American Dental Association, the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, the Academy of General Dentistry, the Florida Dental Association, the International College of Oral Implantologists, and the Seattle Study Club.
- Dr. Dorociak continues to receive advanced education in cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, oral surgery, endodontics (root canals), prosthodontics (dentures and crowns), and many other dental disciplines.
- He has received extensive training and instruction in Provo, Utah along side world- renowned Dr. Gordon Christensen.
Even in his spare time, Dr. Dorociak finds reasons to smile every day!
Dr. Dorociak grew up in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, a town near Chicago where he rooted for the White Sox and the Fighting Irish. He misses the memories not the weather. He enjoys a good pizza, baseball and softball game. He is blessed to be in Florida and enjoys amusement parks and Disney. He loves spending time with his family, traveling, photography, sports, and reading. His wife, Gillian, is a dental hygienist, working right along side of him each day. He and his wife have four children. Their two daughters both attend school at the University of Notre Dame where they are completing their undergraduate studies prior to attending dental school. Their two sons keep them very busy at home with school and sports!
Visit Dr. Dorociak on Google+